Poľnohospodárstvo, poľnohospodárska technika, stroje
FAQ   Hľadať   Zoznam užívateľov   Užívateľské skupiny   Registrácia   Nastavenia   Súkromné správy 
 Prihlásenie
Obsah fóra agroserver.sk -> Teleskopické manipulátory -> Male doula aims to be an advocate for women during
Autor Správa
miniming

Založený: 11 máj 2021

PríspevokZaslal: St jún 23, 2021 6:13 am    Predmet: Male doula aims to be an advocate for women during Odpovedať s citátom

Male doula aims to be an advocate for women during childbirth

"The birth experience is something that's extraordinary."

One California resident wants to make childbirth a safer process for moms while bringing men into the fold as well.

Dustin Young, 37, from Carson, California, became a certified doula in 2020. His experience helping his youngest sister, Alexis Pitts, with her pregnancy led him to pursue the job, which involves providing support to moms during and after pregnancy.

"It was a safe birth but it still wasn't a great experience," Young told "Good Morning America" of his sister giving birth to his nephew, Kassius Harris, in 2019. "She wasn't listened to at the hospital."

The family worked hard on a birthing plan, complete with positions Pitts wanted to try during the birth. But when they got to the hospital, Young explained, staff ignored them. pg

"It was just like, 'Sit here. Do this. Push,'" Young said. "It was just so quick and fast. We didn't really get to cherish the moment."

The environment at the hospital was in direct contrast to the atmosphere the family created at home, specifically for Pitts' initial contractions.

"I had lavender oils burning, no television was on, all cellphones were off, we were just relaxing," Young said. "Every time she'd contract, I'd massage her lower back, we'd get on the ball, we'd do all these things to make sure she could labor as long as possible at home. It was extremely relaxing for her."

"What I would like more is for nurses to have a little more empathy and just be receptive and open to listening," he added. "Just ask some questions like, 'How do you feel? How do you feel today? What can I do for you right now?' It does a lot."

A mother's well-being is important to any pregnancy, particularly Black moms in the United States, who historically have higher mortality rates. Black women are two to three times more likely to die during childbirth than women of other races, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Návrat hore
Zobrazit informácie o autorovi Odoslať súkromnú správu
Pridať novú tému   Zaslať odpoveď   
Zobraziť predchádzajúcu tému
Zobraziť nasledujúcu tému
Obsah fóra agroserver.sk
Strana 1 z 1
Prejdi na: